- Wednesday, Feb. 9 between 4-6
- Monday, Feb. 14 between 3:30 – 5:30.
Auditions for this new High School Women’s Honor Choir will be held in the choir room at Essex High School on Wednesday, Feb. 9 between 4:00 pm and 6:00 pm and on Monday, Feb. 14 between 3:30 pm and 5:30 pm. The audition will last approximately 10 minutes and will consist of 3 elements; 1) Singing the Star Spangled Banner (the singer may choose the key) 2) a small Sight Reading example, and 3) a brief Tonal Memory exercise.
Please call Glory Reinstein at 857-7000 x 1581 to make an audition appointment. Singers are asked not to audition unless they can make a full commitment that includes attending all of the rehearsals and performance. If you have questions, please contact Glory Reinstein directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
GENERAL INFORMATION ABOUT THE HONOR CHOIR
1) Rehearsals and performances for this Honor Choir will be conducted by Kaleidoscope Director, Glory (Douglass) Reinstein, and the Bella Voce Artistic Director, Dr. Dawn Willis. A name for the new ensemble is forthcoming.
2) Rehearsals will be held as noted on the following Monday evenings at Essex High (unless noted otherwise) March 21& 28 (5:45-7:00 pm); April 11& 25 (5:45-7:15 pm); May 2 & 9 (5:45-7:30 pm at First Baptist, Burlington)
3) Dress rehearsal – Friday, May 13 6:30-7:45 pm at First Baptist Church, Burlington
Performance – Saturday, May 14-Concert at First Baptist Church, 8:00 pm, call time 6:15pm
4) There are no participation fees associated with membership for this ensemble in this pilot semester. Singers are required to meet concert attire policies which include an ankle- length black skirt and a solid black shirt or blouse that has either long sleeves or ¾ length sleeves (which is the same concert attire policy for Bella Voce.) Singers will be provided with music and it must be returned to Bella Voce following the concert.
5) Attendance at all rehearsals is expected. Singers are requested not to audition if they have any conflicts with the rehearsal schedule.
We hope many young women will audition!
Dr. Dawn O. Willis
Artistic Director and Founder
Bella Voce Women’s Chorus of Vermont
Assistant Director Vermont Symphony Orchestra Chorus