From Allyson Ledoux: We have two retirees, Tom French (general music/choral) and David Meyers (band program) in the Chittenden South Supervisory Union. This is a great opportunity in a wonderful district.
CHITTENDEN SOUTH SUPERVISORY UNION
Shelburne Community School
Music Teacher (1.8 FTE) anticipated (multiple positions)
The Shelburne Community School has anticipated openings for up to 1.80 FTE Music teacher(s) for 6th-8th General Music, 6th-8th Vocal Music and 5th-8th Instrumental Music. Final FTE of these positions will be determined based on the qualifications of final candidates and school needs. Applications for full or partial positions will be accepted.
The ideal candidate would:
- possess high quality musical content skills and teaching licensure in the area of assignment
- be an experienced teacher of middle level students
- possess the ability to positively collaborate as a member of a music, Related Arts, and middle level team
- be passionate about teaching middle level students
- show initiative, flexibility and leadership to continue the development of our middle school music program
- be able to connect with and manage both small and large groups of students
- be able to connect with and motivate a wide variety of students and learning styles
If interested, please apply online to www.schoolspring.com. Open until filled, however applications received by March 16th will receive priority consideration.
Posted February 21, 2012