VERMONT ACDA SCHOLARSHIP – 2013
Vermont ACDA offers a $500.00 scholarship to a high school senior who is pursuing a career in vocal music. This scholarship is offered to students of Vermont ACDA members who have been accepted to a School of Music with a major concentration in vocal music performance or music education.
You may download an application form in either of these ways:
a) Word document (recommended). Save to your computer, then complete the information in Word and print.
b) PDF document (print and then type the required information on the form)
All application materials must be typed and returned in one package by mail, including:
- Completed application form.
- A personal essay explaining who you are, your passion for the vocal art, and how you plan to pursue your musical education.
- Three recommendations total: one from your high school choral director, and two from other adults (not parents), including the private voice teacher (if applicable).
- A Letter of Acceptance into a school of music with a concentration in vocal music performance or music education.
- Current high school transcript.
Finalists for the scholarship will be scheduled for an interview with a panel of ACDA members during the Vermont All State weekend on May 8-11, 2013.
The application and required materials must to Professor Sherrill Blodget (at the address listed below) with a postmark date no later than Monday, 15 April, 2013.
President, Vermont ACDA
Castleton State College
45 Alumni Drive – FAC
Castleton, Vermont 05735
For questions please contact:
Sherrill Blodget at firstname.lastname@example.org or 203-918-7627