ACDA is offering to each state five scholarships that will completely cover conference registration fees for students to attend the 2017 ACDA National Conference in Minneapolis, March 8-11, 2017.
For information from ACDA, see:
Here are the basics!
- Students submit their applications to VT ACDA president Kristin Cimonetti [firstname.lastname@example.org] by Oct. 15, 2016, at the latest.
- Student applications include a completed form (available at the above ACDA link) and two letters of recommendation.
- Students must be student members of ACDA
(1) at the time they apply for the scholarship and
(2) during the National Conference.
ACDA will not accept students for the award who have not yet joined ACDA.
Application deadlines for several important events scheduled during the upcoming ACDA National Conference in Salt Lake City (February 25-28) are THIS WEEK:
Registration begins on October 1st for the ACDA National Conference in Salt Lake City, Utah taking place on from February 25th to 28th.
This is a great opportunity to visit this beautiful city, meet your state and national colleagues, learn from presenters known across the country and worldwide for their excellence in choral music, and hear choirs from near and far.
Please visit the NATIONAL CONFERENCE site for more information on workshops, presenters, and registration.
At the recent ACDA national conference, the following students participated in select ensembles.
Our congratulations to all the students and their teachers/mentors!
Children’s Honor Choir
from St. Johnsbury (Susan Cherry, teacher)
from Upper Valley (Beck Luce, teacher)
Kathy Sherlock-Green, teacher
Elizabeth Sachsse, VT
Eleanor Green, NH
Women’s Honor Choir
Alyssa Korol (St. Johnsbury Academy, Alan Rowe, teacher)
Conducting Competition Choir under Rodney Eichenberger (and the conducting competitors)
from Castleton (Sherrill Blodget)